The MetabolicHealth Program is founded on the belief that the over-consumption of fructose, simple sugars and refined carbohydrates has lead to a state of insulin resistance in a large subset of the Canadian population.
Through teaching patients how to decrease fructose, simple sugar and total daily carbohydrate intake, the MetabolicHealth Program helps patients walk the path of recovery from the diseases of insulin resistance including type 2 diabetes and obesity.
Obtaining and maintaining a healthy weight and metabolism is simple: don't do carbs.
Take 4 minutes and 26 seconds to learn how to make this lifestyle change.
A QUICK CHAT TOOL FOR EPISODIC CARE APPOINTMENTS
UNDER CONSTRUCTION: MetabolicHealth Minute FAQ for Healthcare Providers:
1. What evidence is there to support the use of the MetabolicHealth Minute Tool in my practice?
2. How was the tool developed?
3. How effective is this intervention?
4. How should I use this tool?
Please see HOW TO PRESCRIBE LOW CARB for detailed instructions on how I prescribe low carb in my busy office practice.
Thank you to the IPTN-CCTN for the privilage to present in your Webinar Series on Thursday Sept 19th, 2019.
Please find here, the presentation I gave called:
Practical And Sustainable Ways For Busy Family and Specialist Physicians To Incorporate Therapeutic Nutrition Counselling Into Their Practices
Dr. Wali perfectly summarizes my feeling on the harm of sugar and starch in our dietary pattern.
Thank you for your clarity Dr. Wali.
Licensing: All work on MetabolicHealth.ca is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- The content on MetabolicHealth.ca is for your information only, should not be taken as a medical prescription and does not replace the individualized care and direction provided by your doctor or nurse practitioner.
- Please consult your healthcare provider prior to making any significant lifestyle changes, especially if you are on medications that may be affected by a change in your dietary pattern like those that lower blood pressure or blood sugar.